La chapelle Notre Dame del Roure
The chapel, which is of Roman origin and has been classified since June 2006, can be found on the D63, a back-road of the small village of Taillet.
According to legend, thanks to one of his oxen, a herder discovered the image of the Virgin Mary in the canopy of a tree. This led to a number of pilgrimages arriving at the local Mairie asking for healing. The chapel was constructed around the year 1100, using funds donated by the Abbot of Valbonne. The dome-shaped vestibule still houses some remarkable frescoes from the mid-12th century, along with a 16th century door and an altarpiece from 1651.
Open to the public every day in Spring and Summer. Weekend opening only in Autumn and Winter.